Spoken Words, Written Words – Words of Wisdom, Words from the Heart, Words from the Mind and Sacred Words. Simerg wil seek to bring to you these Voices.
We will reach out to people to capture their thoughts and ideas. Our questions might appear to be thoughful, outright dumb or silly.
You can tell us who we should talk to, who we should learn from and be inspired by.
The world is full of dynamic and creative people.
Please visit the following pages in Voices (latest article on top):
- Remarkable Voices of Ismaili Women from Shimshal, a Remote Village in the Karakoram
- Under Siege: Timbuktu, Mali’s Fabled ‘City of Saints’
- Historic Farmon Khona in Shimshal
- Jerusalem: A Photo Essay of the Holy City
- Reflections on the Delegation of the Ismaili Imamat as it Receives Governor General’s Medal in Architecture
- Words of Wisdom from Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan to the Canadian Jamat That Everyone Can Benefit From
- The Treasures of Iran, with Excerpts on Hafiz by His Highness the Aga Khan III
- “Christian and Muslim Perpectives on Jesus” and “Shia Ismaili Islam”
- Starry Night of Alamut and The Milky Way Across Alamut; The Earth from Space: Spectacular Night Time Photos from TWAN and NASA
- Hunza’s New Lake: The Story Behind the Birth of Lake Gojal
- Photo Essay: The Ruins of Alamut
- Photo Essay: Iran Through a Canadian Lens
- Kitengela Sculpture at Aga Khan Hospital Seeks to Inspire Hope and Brighten Lives of Patients
- NanoWisdoms – The First Website Dedicated to Ismaili Imamat’s Speeches, Interviews and Writings
- Young Ismaili Achievers: An Interview with Serena Taj
- Young Ismaili Achievers: An Interview with Zul Kapadia
- Young Ismaili Achievers Speak About Family and Faith, Aspirations, Interests and Social Networks
- Writings of Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan; A Friend of Endangered Species, the Vulnerable Habitat and the Monk Seal
- Voices: Good Sufi, Bad Muslims
- A Letter from Badakhshan
- In the Making: The Aga Khan Museum, The Ismaili Centre and Their Park
- Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan: A Rare and Insightful Interview With The UNESCO Courier
- My Climb to ‘Sacred’ Alamut, Where Every Stone Tells a Story
- The Memoirs of Aga Khan: A Translator’s Voice
- Yakimour 1954: A Golden Moment for an Aspiring Student – An Audience with the 48th Ismaili Imam, Aga Khan III
- November 1, 1983: His Highness the Aga Khan Conferred Honorary Degree of Doctor of Laws by McGill University
- Rays of Light: “Thank you for restoring my faith in the human race”
- Professor Mohammed Arkoun: A Courageous Intellectual Who Advocated A Tolerant, Liberal and Modern Islam
- “Al-Kalimah” by Marlene-Luce Tremblay
- Voices: “The Power of Wisdom” – His Highness the Aga Khan’s Interview with Politique Internationale
- Part I: 99 Most Beautiful Names – A sculptural presentation of the Names for God from the Qur’an
- Voices: World Renowned Photographer Sarite Sanders Portrays Mysterious Radiance of a Fatimid Tomb and the Elegance of the Aga Khan Mausoleum
- Voices: Unravelling the Dark History of the Medieval Ismaili Community
- Voices: Alluring Istanbul Links Cultures, Religions and Two Continents and Offers Something for Everybody
- Voices: Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah, Aga Khan III – The 48th Ismaili Imam at the Ritz: “Calm Mind, Clear-Thinking and Wise”, A Reporter’s 1933 Story
- Voices: Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah, Aga Khan III – Imam Speaks of Burmese Patriotism; Memorial Plate at Jamatkhana Honours 31 Ismaili Lives Lost in WWII Bombardment
- Voices: Sir Sultan Mahomed Shah, Aga Khan III – Historic Photos and Imam’s Recognition of Services Rendered by the Family of Itmadi Kassam Kothari of Jamnagar
- Voices: Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah, Aga Khan III – Portraits from the National Portrait Gallery
- Voices: Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah, Aga Khan III – Eloquent Persian Quatrain by 48th Ismaili Imam Graces a 1923 Invitation For Talk About Imamat
- Voices: Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah, Aga Khan III – Stories from Readers (I)
- Voices: Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah, Aga Khan III – Recollection of Imam’s Visit to a Family Shop; A Story about the Diamond Jubilee Scale and…Does it (Still) Work?
- Voices: A Review of Prince Hussain Aga Khan’s Photo Exhibition in Washington D.C.
- Voices: Ambitious Iranian Ismaili, Mansour, Reflects on His Musical Career and Life in the UK
- Voices: 30 Questions for Columnist Yasmin Alibhai-Brown
- Voices: Brilliant Astrophysicist, Arif Babul, in Conversation with Simerg
- Voices: Babul on the Bootes Void, Galaxies, Benefits of Studying Science, Creation, God and Intellect
- Voices: Babul on Science Funding, Muslim Scientists, Intelligent Design and Neurosciences
- Voices: Babul Talks about Identity, Aspirations for the Family and the Jamat, “An Ismaili Academy”, Family Pursuits, Frontierless Brotherhood, and Allah’s Blessing
- Voices: Bruno Freschi, Architect of the Ismaili Centre in Burnaby, in Conversation with Simerg
- Voices: Remarkable Bilaal Rajan – Lofty Goals, Noble Achievements at Age Twelve
- Voices: Alice Hunsberger on Nasir Khushraw – Poet of Substance
- Voices: John Nuraney, Member of Legislative Assembly, British Columbia
- Voices: Maria Cook of the Ottawa Citizen on the Delegation Building
- Voices: Best Wishes from a Vagabond Reporter
- Voices: Seeking Sufism
Sign-up for blog subscription at top right of this page. Share this article via the Share option below.
We welcome feedback/letters from our readers. Please use the LEAVE A REPLY box which appears below. Your feedback may be edited for length and brevity, and is subject to moderation. We are unable to acknowledge unpublished letters.