This page provides links to recent posts on Simerg that contain stories, announcements and articles about Afghanistan, post Taliban takeover. It is in chronological order with the most recent story on top. Our first piece is dated August 17, 2021.
- November 12, 2021: Afghanistan Update: Taliban and Aga Khan Development Network Discuss Future Development in Country
- September 28, 2021: Afghanistan Update: Nature Journal’s World View – The Incoming Afghan Government Must Allow Immunizations
- September 24, 2021: Aga Khan Cultural Services Launches Social Media Pages to Monitor on Potential Dangers to Country’s Cultural Heritage
- September 13, 2021: “We are Operational and We Will Do More” – Aga Khan Foundation Makes Inspiring Statement at Humanitarian Conference Convened by UNSG António Guterres in Geneva on September 13
- September 8, 2021: Ismaili Drives For Afghan Refugees in Chicago Area Fill 4 Trucks With Resettlement Supplies
- September 5, 2021: Letter from Afghanistan  – Leadership Urges Jamati Members Not to Cross Border into Pakistan
- September 2, 2021: Ismaili CIVIC to Host Supply Drive For Afghan Refugees at Three Jamatkhana Locations in Chicago Area
- August 30, 2021: Ismaili CIVIC Volunteers Join Local Organizations in Cedar Park, Texas, to Support Refugees from Afghanistan;
- August 29, 2021: Letter from Afghanistan 
- August 27, 2021: Anxious Ismaili Couple in New Mexico, USA, Await News About their Extended Family Members in Afghanistan
- August 25, 2021: Letter from Afghanistan ;
- August 25, 2021: Aga Khan Development Network’s Commitment to Afghanistan and Its People; and Overview of AKDN’s Work in the Country for the Last 25 Years;
- August 24, 2021: To the Women of Afghanistan: Let Your Story and that of Bibi Khadijah (a.s.) Be a Powerful Trampoline of Progress for the People of Afghanistan and Around the Muslim World;
- August 22, 2021: Flowers, Flowers and More Flowers – with Love – for the Children, Girls, Sisters and Mothers of Afghanistan;
- August 20,2021: Ismaili Institutions Says Majority of Jamati Members in Afghanistan Safe and Continuing with Normal Life; and
- August 17, 2021: Ismailis in Afghanistan Asked to Stay Home and Not Panic
Date posted: August 30, 2021.
Last updated: November 12, 2021.