By RICHARD BROW
Chief Development Officer
The COVID-19 pandemic is having an enormous impact on individuals and families in our communities and around the world.
AKU [Aga Khan University] is on the front lines of the response to this unprecedented health challenge. Our dedicated physicians, nurses and other medical staff are working tirelessly to save lives.
You can support our efforts to secure specialised medical equipment, provide testing and life-saving care to the vulnerable through our Patient Welfare Programme, and address the needs of our physicians and healthcare personnel during this extraordinary time [Note: readers outside Pakistan have encountered problems in completing the form – please select the COVID-19 Fund over the Zakat Donation COVID-19 Fund option, and see if that works for you – Ed.].
The COVID-19 Fund would support the following:
1. Providing world-class medical care, including for disadvantaged patients through our Patient Welfare Programme;
2. Securing specialised equipment including ventilators and personal protective gear for our staff;
3. Changes to our hospital and University facilities to expand our capacity to respond effectively to this emergency;
4. Research by our infectious disease specialists, and others, that contributes to the global effort to deliver better diagnostics for COVID-19 and care for those infected;
5. Support for our staff who are working exceedingly long hours, and need accommodation and other essential support.
If you would like to make a donation, additional information may be found HERE.
You may also contact us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
On behalf of all of us at AKU and the countless people we serve, thank you.
Date posted: March 23, 2020.
Before departing this website please take a moment to review Simerg’s Table of Contents for links to hundreds of thought provoking pieces on a vast array of subjects including faith and culture, history and philosophy, and arts and letters to name a few. In the past few days, we have published some excellent pieces on Navroz.