“This old town was restored and improved by the Aga Khan Foundation to provide clean drinking water, sewage system, and electricity with buried wires to all homes, in exchange for maintaining the exterior of the houses to the same look and feel as in the olden times. That way, the old town is preserved” — READ MORE
Please click on photo to read Karim’s piece on Karimabad, Hunza.
Date posted: February 13, 2017.
Links to Silk Road Series:
- Shanghai, Urumqi and Turpan
- More of Turpan and Historic Kashgar
- More Kashgar and Spectacular Drive to Tashkurgan
- Scenes from Tashkurgan and an Encounter with an Ismaili Family, and the Drive to Northern Hunza on the Iconic Khunjerab Pass
- Ismailis of Remote Northern Hunza Rise High Above the Tallest Peaks, and Set a Lasting Example for Us to Follow
- In Hunza’s Capital, Karimabad – Named after Prince Karim Aga Khan