Latest updates were applied at 00:47 AM on Thursday, December 14, 2017.
The purpose of this post is to provide external links to media coverage of Mawlana Hazar Imam’s Diamond Jubilee visit to Pakistan. This post will specifically cover his visit to Chitral and Gilgit-Baltistan in the northern areas of Pakistan. We we will make every effort to ensure that we skip on links that contain repetitive information – often the same news agency report is shared by different media.
NOTE TO OUR READERS: All material related to his Karachi visit will now be covered in a new post dedicated to Karachi. The link will be available shortly.
Newspaper reports suggest the following darbar attendances in Gilgit-Baltistan: 150,000 in Yasin (Ghizr District) and 100,000 in Aliabad (Hunza District). Also, original estimates for Chitral, 2 locations — Booni and Garam Chashma – were 140,000.
Thursday, December 14, 2017
(a) Media Coverage
- Report in The News: Sindh Chief Minister wants Prince Karim to be received in Karachi in befitting manner
NOTE: All material related to his Karachi visit will be covered in a new post dedicated to Karachi!
Tuesday/Wednesday, December 12/13, 2017
(a) Media Coverage
Monday, December 11, 2017
(a) Media Coverage
- Report in Chitral Today: Morality, education & peace tools for success – Aga Khan
- Article in Chitral Today: Scattered thoughts – Booni Darbar and future course of action
(b) Daily Motion Video: Welcome message to the Aga Khan from Shia Community
Sunday, December 10, 2017
(a) AKDN Initiative
- Report in Pamirtimes (also watch video, below): AKDN and Government of Gilgit-Baltistan to form Joint Consultancy Group
(b) First page coverage (Urdu newspaper)
(c) Photos with Governor Mir Ghazanfar Ali Khan
(d) Gilgit arrival, a Gbee News Twitter video (must watch, photos with children)
(e) Media Coverage
- Hunzanews Facebook Page: Photos of His Highness the Aga Khan (see one photo below, and many more on Facebook by clicking here)
- Report in Gilgit Times: His Highness the Aga Khan addresses his community in Chitral and Gilgit
- Report in Chitral Times in Urdu on Booni Darbar: With photos (see one photo below and many more by clicking here
(f) Hunza preparations ahead of visit
Saturday, December 9, 2017
(a) Booni Darbar video
(b) Helicopter departure video (from town of Chitral to Booni)
(c). Booni pre-darbar photos
(d) Flight Delay in Islamabad: “The C130 aircraft in which he was supposed to fly could not takeoff from Islamabad in time. The AKF Helicopter Wing however took over and proved its worth by promptly dashing over to Islamabad in marginal weather and ferried the Imam and his entourage to grace Chitral and allay the anxiety of tens of thousands of the waiting faithful at Garam Chashma and Booni. Due to the four hour delay in scheduled departure from Islamabad and extended ceremonies at both the Deedar Gahs, the Imam decided to stay overnight in Chitral” — Excerpt from ChitralNews.com
(e) Media Coverage
- Report in Dawn: Followers greet Aga Khan in Chitral
- Report in Chitral Times: Chitralis warmly welcome Prince Karim Aga Khan
- Report in Chitral News: His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan addresses followers
- Report in Chitral Today: Aga Khan asks followers to build good relations with other communities
- Report in The Ismaili: Mawlana Hazar Imam arrives in Chitral
Friday, December 8, 2017
(a) Chitral preparations ahead of Darbar
(b) Comment on the volunteers
“Volunteers from the community have been working day and night for weeks on, to clean the area and upgrade roads and prepare two grand ‘deedar gahs’ (congregation areas) at Booni and Garam chashma, which will hold thousands of disciples of the Imam of the Ismailia community. Ismailis from all over Chitral with their women folk and children have converged on Booni and Garam Chashma the two venues where the Ag Khan would address his followers. The scathing cold has not deterred the faithful to brave the weather and catch a glimpse of their Imam.” — Excerpt from Chitralnews.com
(c) Media Coverage
- Report in Chitral Today: Thousands gather for Didar of His Highness in Chitral today
- Report in Chitral Times: Thousands of Ismailis reach Chitral Didar sites in Gharam Chasma and Booni
- Report in The Ismaili: Mawlana Hazar Imam Meets with Pakistan’s Prime Minister
- Report in The Ismaili: Mawlana Hazar Imam meets with President of Pakistan
Report in the Tribune: President lauds Aga Khan’s services for peace, stability, humanity
(d) Social Media Tweet by Marvi Mennon
Marvi Memon, aged 45, is a Pakistani politician who serves as the Minister of State/Chairperson of the Benazir Income Support Programme. She has been a member of the National Assembly of Pakistan since 2013 as a member of Pakistan Muslim League.
(e) Video (Urdu news on Aga Khan arrival in Pakistan + meeting government leaders)
(e) Expressions (Song honouring Mawlana Hazar Imam)
Thursday, December 7, 2017
(a) Conventional or Social Media Coverage
- Report in The Ismaili: Mawlana Hazar Imam arrives in Pakistan
- Report in the Ismaili: A fantastic gallery of more arrival photos
Date posted: December 9, 2017.
Last updated: December 13, 2017, 11:42 PM EST.
Peace for 7.5 billion of Adam SUH and Hawwa AS with the recognition of the Imam e Zamana.
Ya Ali Madad Dr. Karim:
So delighted to hear about your wonderful didar. I remember you and Booni and Garam Chashma so well. I still have the Chitrali hat you gifted me, I wear it for Eid.
Best wishes, stay in touch
Dr Badrudin Kurwa
Thanks for sharing and putting everything together in one post. It is much easier to follow than getting posts scattered all over. This is neater.
Mubarak…I was on duty with Hazar Imam’s medical site…I was fortunate to be with Hazar Imam for a few moments….so grateful for Barakah and Simerg team…I must tell you Hazar Imam was very happy