Introduced by Malik Merchant
Publisher-Editor, Simerg and Simergphotos
Born in Woking, United Kingdom, Martin Bloomfield is a designer photographer and an expert in 3D animation. He has travelled the world over, and now lives with his family in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania. Before leaving for Africa in 2012, Bloomfield spent some time in Ottawa where he took a series of powerful and stunning panoramic and 360° views of the Delegation of the Ismaili Imamat Building.
His set of five panoramic photos of the Delegation Building along with their incredible 360° views are featured at 360cities and we are pleased to offer the links below, with permission from Steve Hercher.
A couple of notes: Once you are taken to 360Cities from below, you may then do the following (4 or 5 being the highlight):
(1) Click on HIDE CONTROLS to view a clear picture;
(2) Click on FULL SCREEN MODE to see your entire screen filled with the photo (ESC to get out);
(3) When all CONTROLS are displayed, use the magnifying feature (+ or -) for close-ups; and MOST IMPORTANT
(4) Use your mouse (or finger as applicable for the device) to rotate the photo in any direction by using the compass above the magnifying option. This outstanding and superb feature will provide you with an enriching experience of the building and its architecture. You may also use the magnifying option in conjunction with the 360° rotating compass ball for yet another perspective OR
(5) As an alternative to (4) you may Left click on your mouse and drag it in the direction you want to move.
The 360Cities website has stunning photographs from all around the world taken by Bloomfield and many others like him. Also during your visit to 360Cities please learn more about panoramic picture-taking by clicking on their informative links such as How to and so on.
An Enthralling Visit to the Ismaili Imamat’s
Delegation Building in Ottawa
The Delegation of the Ismaili Imamat – Exterior 1
The Delegation of the Ismaili Imamat – Exterior 2
The Delegation of the Ismaili Imamat – Exterior 3
The Delegation of the Ismaili Imamat – Interior 1
The Delegation of the Ismaili Imamat – Interior 2
Date posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2013.
Note: This piece is repeated at www.simergphotos.com
We welcome feedback/letters from our readers. Please use the LEAVE A REPLY box which appears below or send your letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your feedback may be edited for length and brevity, and is subject to moderation. We are unable to acknowledge unpublished letters
Sussex Drive with some other connecting streets in Canada’s National Capital Region, makes up what is known as the Confederation Boulevard or the “ceremonial and discovery route”. Some of Canada’s most important institutions and landmarks including the residences of the Governor General and the Prime Minister are on Sussex Drive.
The newest addition is the Delegation of the Ismaili Imamat Building which was opened by Prime Minister Stephen Harper on December 6, 2008 in the presence of the 49th Ismaili Imam, His Highness the Aga Khan. The photo essay provides a comprehensive overview of Sussex Drive. You will find out exactly where the Delegation Building is located and how it impacts the architectural landscape of Ottawa with its magnificent glass dome.